Dog Parks

 

Kokomo Dog ParksDog Park

Located in Mehlig Park

1701 W. Carter St.

Kokomo IN  46901

Located in Mohr Park

2303 Saratoga Ave.

Kokomo, IN  46902

The Kokomo Dog Park was constructed in March of 2008 but its history goes much further back than that.  In 2004, Pals for Paws approached the Kokomo Parks & Recreation Department with the idea for this park and a donation of $1,228.  In 2006, the same group donated an additional $1,000 and the search for an appropriate park began.  In 2008, AAA Fence installed the fencing and the specialized gates and also became an official sponsor of the Dog Park by donating the cost of everything in excess of the original donation money that had been received from Pals for Paws.  Two new drinking fountains and a dog waste station were also installed in the park.  Gail Beaton made a donation to install a memorial park bench and Jefferson Road Animal Hospital became a sponsor of the park by donating an additional dog waste station.  Sponsorship opportunities are always available. In 2012, additional fencing was added which expanded the size of the dog park and allowed for a special area for smaller dogs to play.

The Kokomo Dog Park was made possible significantly through sponsorships and donations and is now a beautiful and frequented addition to our ever growing dog loving community.
The Mehlig Dog Park has met with such community success, that in 2010, the Parks and Recreation Department installed another Dog Park in Mohr Park also has small pieces of equipment for dog play and exercise.