Kokomo has been selected as the host city for the Indiana Leadership Association’s (ILA) 2015 Annual Awards Luncheon. Dozens of community leaders from throughout Indiana are expected to attend the event which will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 11th at the Kokomo Event Center, 1500 North Reed Road (IN 931 N).
“It is an honor to be selected to host the Indiana Leadership Association’s Annual Awards Luncheon,” said Kokomo Mayor Greg Goodnight. “I am extremely proud to share our city with some of Indiana’s most innovative and creative people.”
Mayor Goodnight will participate on a panel of statewide leaders to discuss the future of leadership development in Indiana and how leadership programs can remain effective and relevant. Panelists include:
- Greg Goodnight, Mayor of Kokomo
- Marissa Manlove, President/CEO of the Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
- Dr. Raymond Scheele, Co-Director of the Bowen Center for Public Affairs at Ball State
- Angie Nelson Deuitch, Public Affairs Manager at NIPSCO (Northern Indiana Public Service Company)
- Mike Karickhoff, Indiana State Representative
Tom Snyder, President of Ivy Tech State College will be the event’s keynote speaker.
The Indiana Leadership Association was established as a nonprofit organization in 1991. It provides information, partnership, networking, consulting and training opportunities to promote these collaborative values and best practices throughout Indiana.
For more information visit indianaleadership.org.