The City of Kokomo and Howard County Joint Planning Commission is accepting applications for a part-time secretary. Qualified applicants must be 18 years of age or older; possess strong secretarial skills (i.e. computer skills; financial, statistical or accounting experience a plus) and must possess the ability to research and understand local ordinances.
Below is a brief description of the job duties are as follows:
- Must possess the ability to become knowledgeable regarding all zoning ordinances and requirements for building;
- Performs zoning checks on properties in City and County for the public, appraisers, and realtors;
- Issues permits for City and County properties;
- Will be required to attend and prepare agendas and minutes for County Plan Commission meetings, Board of Zoning meetings, and County Traffic Commission meetings;
- Prepare advertising packages for cases on current agenda according to deadlines;
- Enter permit information and send reports as required.
The person selected for this position will work 29 hours per week, Monday – Friday. The hourly rate of pay is $14.03 during the probationary period and $14.77 thereafter. Interested persons must apply through the City of Kokomo, Human Resources Department, City Hall, 100 S. Union Street, Kokomo, IN Applications must be submitted or before Monday September 8, 2014. The City of Kokomo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.