The City of Kokomo Fire Department is now accepting applications for the position of Lateral Transfer Firefighter/EMT. Lateral Firefighter applications will be accepted through November 30th, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
- Be currently enrolled in 1977 Police Officers and Firefighters Pension Fund
- Hold a State of Indiana EMT-B certification (Minimum)
- Hold a valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Certified to State of Indiana Firefighter II or Equivalent
- All applicants must complete the Kokomo Fire Department Job Performance Evaluation (JPE)
Employment Benefits - Benefits received will be based on Applicant. Benefits include
- SALARY 2020 $52,797 SALARY 2021 $57,100
- SPECIAL TRAINING RECOGNITION
- CLOTHING ALLOWANCE
- LEAVE TIME - Firefighters will receive 58 hours of personal time per year.
- VACATIONS – Starting with 6 working days.
- INSURANCE - Health and Life Insurance
- PENSION – PERF 77 Retirement Fund
The City of Kokomo agrees to comply in all respects with the Indiana State statutes covering pension benefits for Firefighters. Applications can be picked up at City Hall 100 S. Union on the 3rd floor in the Human Resources Department.