The City of Kokomo is currently seeking an individual for the position of City Engineer, which is performed under the general supervision of the Mayor. This is a professional engineering position that requires a thorough familiarity of engineering and surveying principles and the exercise of technical judgement on numerous and important details. The position requires making independent decisions and judgements on projects and taking appropriate action in both administrative and technical matters.
The duties & responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Initiates the design and completion of public works projects and acts in an advisory capacity in the maintenance and construction and related work as required
• Prepares plans and specifications and obtains bids for all projects
• Investigates, inspects and offers strategies for any issues within City projects
• Supervises multiple subordinates and is responsible for ensuring that they adhere to and understand the City’s policies and procedures
• Serves as a member of the City Plan Commission, City Traffic Commission and other boards deemed necessary by City of Kokomo Administration
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) from a four-year college/university and four years related experience and/or training--or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of practices and principles of civil engineering
• Must be registered as a professional engineer in the State of Indiana
The City of Kokomo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Interested applicants please contact the City of Kokomo Human Resources Department.